Computer not recognizing iPhone can be a frustrating situation. However, it’s not that uncommon an issue. This issue can occur when users try to use iTunes, like connecting their iPhone to transfer videos or photos.
There are many variations of this issue such as iTunes might recognize the device but the computer might not or vice versa. In worst cases, both the system and iTunes might not recognize the iPhone.
Why is my Computer not Recognizing my iPhone?
There are several factors that may trigger this issue. The USB port or USB cable might be one of the common causes. If you are connecting your iPhone to the system using a faulty USB port or cable, then the iPhone will not be detected by the computer.
Other causes can be faulty software like an outdated iOS version, iTunes issues, or others. Furthermore, a faulty USB driver of your iPhone can cause the computer not to recognize your iPhone.
Sometimes, it is quite difficult to identify the actual reason behind this issue. But, there are several troubleshooting ways you can try to get rid of this issue or call the iPhone Support Number for help.
Solutions to Fix Computer Not Recognizing iPhone Support Number
If your computer is not recognizing the iPhone when plugged in, you can go through the solutions given below to solve this problem.
Procedure 1: Basic Checks
There are some basic checks that you need to perform before moving to other specific solutions. We have mentioned them below in detail for easy understanding.
Restart the Computer and iPhone
First, disconnect the device from the system. Then, restart both the system and the device. Then, try to connect again to check if the system shows up on the iPhone.
Check the USB Port and USB Cable
As we mentioned earlier, problems with the USB cable can prevent the device from being recognized. So, change the USB cable and connect again to check if it works.
Alternatively, if the USB port of the computer gets damaged, then also you may encounter this problem. So, connect the iDevice to another port of the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
Always Trust the Computer
Sometimes, the system will ask you to choose between the options ‘Don’t Trust’ or ‘Trust’ the computer after connecting the device to the system.
So, you can have a look at the screen of the iPhone and tap on the ‘Trust’ option whenever you have been prompted with this alert.
If you are connecting your iPhone to the system for the first time, then you can also follow the on-screen instruction on iTunes to connect.
After performing these basic checks, if the system is still not recognizing the iDevice, then you can move on to the other fixes described below:
Procedure 2: Confirm that you are Using the Latest Version of the Software
Corrupted or outdated software on your device can lead to the computer not recognizing iPhone. So, you can check the following to confirm that they are up to date.
Confirm that your iOS Version is Up to Date
Check the iOS version of your iPhone and update it if it is outdated. To do this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Then, go to the General tab.
- Tap on the ‘Software Update’ option.
- On the next page, you will see the available update. Tap on the ‘Download and Install button.
- Wait for a few seconds. It will download and install the latest iOS version automatically. Once the installation process is completed successfully, it will restart the device once.
Confirm that the iTunes is Up to Date
After updating the iOS version, if you are still unable to connect the iPhone to your computer, then you can update the iTunes program of the computer. For that,
- Open iTunes on the system.
- Afterward, navigate to the Help tab.
- Choose the ‘Check for Update’s option from the list.
Now, it will start to search for the available update. If it finds the latest version then it will download and install that automatically.
You also need to make sure that the macOS or Windows OS you are using is updated. After checking these, you can connect the device to the computer to check if the problem is solved. If you see that the problem is still unresolved, then you can perform the other ways explained below.
Read also: iPhone Screen Won’t Turn ON But Siri Works
Procedure 3: Confirm that the Apple Mobile Device Support and Service is Installed
Apple offers the Mobile Device Service to iPhone users. It provides the interface to Apple mobile devices on the system. So, if your device is not recognized by the computer, YG Tools LLC that the Apple Service and Support are running properly. To do this, you can have a look at the steps mentioned below:
How to Check whether the ‘Apple Mobile Device Support is Installed on your iPhone or Not?
- First of all, hit the R and Win keys both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Run Command box.
- Then, type “appwiz. CPL” in the Run box. Then, hit the Enter key to open the list of apps installed on your computer.
- Search for the ‘Apple Mobile Device Support’ program by scrolling down the list of installed programs to check if it is installed.
- If it’s not, you can perform a reinstallation of the iTunes program to install ‘Apple Mobile Device Support.’
- How to Check whether the Apple Mobile Device Service is Running on the iPhone or Not?
- Open the Run box first.
- Then, type “services. MSC” in the input field and tap on the OK button to continue.
- Locate the ‘Apple Mobile Device Service’ option from the next page. Double-click on it.
- Now, click on the drop-down arrow beside the ‘Startup type’ option.
- Next, choose the ‘Automatic’ option from the list.
- Lastly, make sure that the ‘Service status is Running.
- After doing this, you can reconnect the iPhone to check if the system is now recognizing the iPhone or not. Else, you can update the USB driver as your last resort.
- Procedure 4: Update the USB Driver of the iPhone
After trying all the above hacks, if the problem still occurs, then you can update the USB driver of the iPhone.
To do this, follow the steps provided below:
- First of all, connect the iPhone to the system.
- Then, go to the Start menu and type “device manager” in the search bar.
- Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to open the Device Manager.
- Afterward, click on the drop-down button of the ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers option.
- Select the ‘Apple Mobile Device USB Driver’ and double-click on it.
- Navigate to the Driver tab. Then, choose the ‘Uninstall the Driver’ option from the list.
- Lastly, disconnect the device and connect it again. It will search and download the latest USB driver automatically.
Now, you can check whether the problem is resolved.
So, these are the best ways to solve this issue of computers not recognizing iPhones. We hope, one of the above ways helps you to solve this problem. If you want to read more about similar problems of the iPhone, you can follow our website regularly.